This was my Furtive Father Winter gift to Navimie of The Daily Frostwolf. The event was put together by Akabeko of Red Cow Rise. I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since I made one of these, apparently I need to a Furtive Father Winter every week in order to make them regularly, lol. I’ve been brainstorming a lot of ideas lately and acquired new “stars” to feature in future posts, now I just need to stop slacking and put them together already!
So I logged in Sunday night and I got a whisper from my friend Cain. He had made a troll on Drak and asked me to meet him out on the Echo Isles. I made my way on Arv over to him and as soon as a landed, I was greeted with and given this:
Sweet, a Pygmy Direhorn! I’ve never seen one drop from Horridon in my numerous runs through LFR and our guild runs and the only peeps I know who have the pet are Zari and Tyledres. Cain said he was looking to get me something I didn’t have already, probably as a way of saying thanks for the Bloodwing mount he won. You really didn’t have to, dude, but I do appreciate it. =)
Now that I think about it, I should have taken a screenshot of the Pygmy with Mini Horridon too, lol. The only Direhorn pet left to get is the Stunted one. It’s gonna be a while for that, I haven’t done any PvP pet battles yet…/sigh.
Cryptozoic has announced the 21st expansion to the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game – Timewalkers: Reign of Fire. The scheduled release date is July 23rd, 2013. This is the third and final set of the Timewalkers Block and will feature 227 cards. Here is the description of the new set:
Travel back in time to the era of Warcraft 3, as the Timewalkers witness the horrific power of the Burning Legion and its leader, Kil’jaeden. Monstrous players who align themselves with the demonic forces will be rewarded with the new Portal keyword, allowing you to summon more demonic minions with one mighty play. Or you can enlist the power of Medivh the Prophet, one of the two new master heroes in this set, as the former guardian seeks to atone for his grand betrayal by bringing the warring factions together against one common enemy.
With new Humans, Night Elves, Orcs, and Tauren at your disposal, will you assist the Alliance and the Horde in their fight for survival, or will you fight for the monstrous Burning Legion?
For the first time in the history of the TCG, this set will not have any new loot cards. Instead, all loot cards from prior expansions will be up for grabs, so now you have a chance to pull loot like the D.I.S.C.O., the Flag of Ownership or even the ultra-rare loot cards like the Spectral Tiger mount or Spectral Tiger Cub pet. I’ve included below all the loot currently available from the TCG and the original set that it came from:
- Banana Charm (Through the Dark Portal)
- Dragon Kite (March of the Legion)
- Eye of the Legion (Timewalkers: War of the Ancients)
- Grell Moss (Aftermath: Crown of the Heavens)
- Gusting Grimoire (Timewalkers: Betrayal of the Guardian)
- Hippogryph Hatchling (Heroes of Azeroth)
- Landro’s Lichling (Worldbreaker: War of the Elements)
- Landro’s Lil’ XT (Worldbreaker)
- Nightsaber Cub (Worldbreaker: Twilight of the Dragons)
- Purple Puffer (Aftermath: Throne of the Tides)
- Rocket Chicken (March of the Legion)
- Sand Scarab (Aftermath: Tomb of the Forgotten)
- Soul-Trader Beacon (Hunt for Illidan)
- Spectral Tiger Cub (Scourgewar)
- Tuskarr Kite (Scourgewar)
- Amani Dragonhawk (Worldbreaker: Twilight of the Dragons)
- Big Battle Bear (Drums of War)
- Blazing Hippogryph (Scourgewar: Wrathgate)
- Corrupted Hippogryph (Aftermath: Crown of the Heavens)
- Feldrake (Timewalkers: War of the Ancients)
- Ghastly Charger’s Skull (Timewalkers: Betrayal of the Guardian)
- Magic Rooster Egg (Fields of Honor)
- Mottled Drake (Worldbreaker)
- Reins of the Swift Spectral Tiger (Fires of Outland)
- Riding Turtle (Heroes of Azeroth)
- Savage Raptor (Worldbreaker: War of the Elements)
- Swift Shorestrider (Aftermath: Throne of the Tides)
- White Riding Camel (Aftermath: Tomb of the Forgotten)
- Wooly White Rhino (Scourgewar: Icecrown)
- X-51 Nether-Rocket X-TREME (Servants of the Betrayer)
- D.I.S.C.O. (Hunt for Illidan)
- Dark Portal (Timewalkers: Betrayal of the Guardian)
- Demon Hunter’s Aspect (Timewalkers: War of the Ancients)
- Epic Purple Shirt (Blood of Gladiators)
- Ethereal Portal (Scourgewar: Icecrown)
- Fishing Chair (Fires of Outland)
- The Flag of Ownership (Drums of War)
- Foam Sword Rack (Blood of Gladiators)
- Fool’s Gold (Worldbreaker: Twilight of the Dragons)
- Goblin Gumbo Kettle (Fires of Outland)
- Goblin Weather Machine – Prototype 01-B (Servants of the Betrayer)
- Grim Campfire (Worldbreaker)
- Imp in a Ball (Through the Dark Portal)
- Instant Statue Pedestal (Scourgewar: Wrathgate)
- Landro’s Gift Box (Scourgewar: Wrathgate)
- Little Ivory Raptor Whistle/Little White Stallion Bridle (Scourgewar)
- Magical Ogre Idol (Aftermath: Crown of the Heavens)
- Ogre Pinata (Fields of Honor)
- Paint Bomb (Scourgewar: Icecrown)
- Papa Hummel’s Old-Fashioned Pet Biscuit (Servants of the Betrayer)
- Paper Flying Machine Kit (March of the Legion)
- Party G.R.E.N.A.D.E. (Drums of War)
- Path of Cenarius (Fields of Honor)
- Path of Illidan (Hunt for Illidan)
- Picnic Basket (Through the Dark Portal)
- Sack of Starfish (Aftermath: Throne of the Tides)
- Sandbox Tiger (Blood of Gladiators)
- Spurious Sarcophagus (Aftermath: Tomb of the Forgotten)
- Tabard of Flame (Heroes of Azeroth)
- War Party Hitching Post (Worldbreaker: War of the Elements)
And of course, what’s a TCG set without some great artwork? Here’s a sample (all images from Cryptozoic):
So there you have it, Timewalkers: Reign of Fire should be available in a couple of weeks. I’m a little bummed that there isn’t any new loot cards from this set, but I am excited for a chance to get a Wooly White Rhino, Magic Rooster Egg or any of the Hippogryph mounts from it. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the RCG (Random Card Generator) rolls into my favor, lol.
Thanks to everyone for commenting on my bloggerversary post, it was definitely a fun topic to discuss. =)
Without further ado, here are the lucky winners:
The Armored Bloodwing goes to…
And the two Blossoming Ancients go to…
I will be sending out the prizes soon, once I can track you guys down, except Lyss of course, lol
I also tallied all the responses and Marvel came out of top with eight superheroes selected and DC was second with four. Wonder Woman was the most picked superhero with three and I still can’t believe Slice picked a character from the My Little Pony universe, lol.
Congrats to all the winners!
On this day one year ago, I first embarked on this blogging adventure, not really sure what to expect. I’ve been following other people’s blogs for years and enjoyed reading what they had to say and commenting on them. So I figured I’d join the fray, chronicling my endeavours and ones with my guildies and friends in Azeroth.
Looking back through some of my older posts, I’ve experienced and accomplished a lot. I’ve covered everything from raiding, pvping, achievement hunting, WarFare Theater, writing about Megabloks and the WoW TCG and other miscellaneous stuff thrown in there. I’m even wearing the same transmog now as I did in my first pic posted, haha.
So I wanted to say thanks to everyone who has visited my blog. Thanks to my guildies and friends; without you a lot of these posts wouldn’t exist. Thanks to all the commenters; you’ve made this blogging experience an interactive one for me. And thanks to the even the spammers; inflating my page views always makes me feel good about my posts, haha.
So how do I celebrate this occasion? With a gift, of course! But let me back up for a bit and explain something related to this gift.
As my guildies and friends know, I’m big collector or pets, mounts and toys from WoW. Quite a bit of those have been acquired from the WoW TCG, which I’ve been collecting since the first set, Heroes of Azeroth. I enjoy sharing these toys with others, whether it’s between boss pulls waiting for afkers or just hanging out in Org or the Shrine. Van has even made posts about them and given them their own tag, lol. Because of my penchant for these toys, Telanarra changed my guild note a while back:
Because of that note, others started referring me by the Dark Knight’s name. Van called me Batman in a post that she made where we downed the Council of Elders for the first time with me solo-tanking the bosses. Cym even turned me into the caped crusader by coming up with an awesome mog and moniker, which you can also see on the sidebar. I even paid tribute by making a WarFare Theater post with him in it.
So what gift did I get? I got the Arvman his Arvwing, of course, lol.
And since I was already at the store, I went ahead and picked up one of those perennial miniature trees, a Blossoming Ancient.
To further celebrate this day, I’m going to give a Bloodwing and two Blossoming Ancients to three lucky readers. If you already have the bat or the tree, then you can substitute it for any other mount or pet from the Blizz store. All you have to do is leave a comment, explaining what superhero, or supervillain, your Warcraft character would most resemble. Your name will be thrown into my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron (or hat), where the wifey will pick out three winners at random. All comments must be made by Wednesday, July 26th at 10PM EST. Good luck to all!